Who We Are
True North Student Assistance and Treatment Services provides comprehensive behavioral health services to school-aged students. We are a service of Capital Region ESD 113 in Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston counties. True North is certified by the Department of Health as a provider for outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment services.
We believe every young person has a chance for a better life. We reduce barriers to success and to make it easier for students and families to access services.
True North provides:
- Prevention - Help for students and families to make healthy choices.
- Intervention - Formal response to behavioral health disorders that leads to better choices and behaviors.
- Treatment - Structured and individualized process guided by a plan to address addiction.
- Recovery Support - Ongoing help, reinforcement, and case management for youth who are attempting to maintain a recovery lifestyle.
True North helps students make the connection between risky behavior and negative outcomes. Our goal is to create a climate that allows students to:
- Discover current behaviors that may be harmful.
- Explore a variety of scenarios and options.
- Experience success in life decisions.
True North makes a difference by:
- Guiding students, families, and schools through difficult choices and decisions regarding violence, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
- Enriching our school districts by working together to create safe and drug-free environments for learning and teaching.
- Increasing knowledge and awareness of mental well-being, to build strong systems of support.
- Raising awareness of the harmful effects of substance abuse for students, families, schools, businesses, and communities.
Download a copy of our student handbook to learn more about our programs and policies.
True North Student Handbook — English